Brainerd Trace - The Edwards House. Gracious lines, historic provenance, rarely available with unlimited potential - a home for all times. First time on market in nearly 60 years. This is your opportunity to purchase a piece of history!
* 5,500± sf, 6 bedroom/3.5 bath main Greek Revival styled residence on 3+ acres of mature shaded estate.
* Significantly enlarged/renovated in 1882. Original residence dates to 1859.
* Beautiful formal rooms throughout with impressive moldings and wainscoting. Classic architecture abounds throughout.
* Designed for entertainment and gracious living of a by-gone era. Incredibly well constructed and maintained for over 130 years.
* First Floor: Formal living room, informal sitting room/office, substantial formal dining room, large kitchen, 2 bedrooms, full bath and half bath along with informal dining area with portrait windows overlooking the grounds.
* Second Floor: Amazing formal library, incredibly spacious master suite, winding staircase to second grand entry, 3 secondary bedrooms and sitting area above the foyer.
* Magnificent grounds with ageless shade trees, mature plantings, three season flowers and ample space for your family’s lifestyle.
* This home is perfect for use as a bed & breakfast or AirBnB.
* Paved circle driveway leads to the impressive front colonnade and separate covered porches.
* Two garages one with workshop area; each garage can accommodate two automobiles.
* The stately front columns were purchased and once graced President Lincoln’s Bank in Springfield.
* Central heat and air with zoned systems plus an intercom and whole home security systems.
* All utilities are operating and in good maintenance.
Kelly Toney, CAI
Tranzon Asset Advisors
888-791-7307 ext. 88
HistoricProperties.com is your source to buy or sell historic real estate - from projects to completed renovations, residential to commercial, Federal to Eclectic.