The earliest version of the Weaver-Dallas House dates to the 1820s, as a one-room house and separate doctor shop, making it the oldest house in Thomaston. Additions in the 1830s and 1840s created a 1 ½ story cottage with Federal and Classical Revival elements. Stepping on site today reveals that not much has changed since then. The property, which includes two smoke houses, a garden shed and a 1930s car shed, is as close to a time capsule of Georgia history as one may find today. The house has been in the same family since it was purchased by Travis Weaver in 1840. The Weaver-Dallas House lends itself to a number of residential uses, including a comfortable family home, a bed and breakfast, rental properties or an Airbnb.
The Weaver-Dallas House has fifteen rooms in the main house which includes four bedrooms and three bathrooms. Several of the original features in the house have been preserved, including built in bookshelves, original fireplaces and a small stage at the top of the stairs that was used for puppet shows. Modern upgrades have ensured the safety and comfort of the house for years to come.
The two smokehouses on the property have been converted into guesthouses with modern amenities. The first smokehouse was built in the 1820s, it has one bedroom and one bathroom. The second, larger smokehouse was built in the 1840s. It has four rooms which includes an upstairs bedroom along with a kitchen and one bathroom.
HistoricProperties.com is your source to buy or sell historic real estate - from projects to completed renovations, residential to commercial, Federal to Eclectic.