How to List Your Historic Property
HistoricProperties.com offers you immediate exposure to thousands of potential buyers interested in historic real estate – from projects to complete renovations, from Alabama to the Czech Republic, from farms to warehouses, from cottages to castles. All properties listed on the site must be fifty years or older. Once you register and/or log in, you can submit all information and photos. Your property will be live on website within 3 business days of all submitted materials. We reserve the right to make editorial changes to any and all listings.
Information required to list your property:
- City and state where property is located (full address if you’d like it to appear on map correctly)
- Approximate year built
- Condition of property i.e. project or livable or to be relocated
- Type of property: residential, commercial, or multi-use
- Price unless property is being sold at auction
- Number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Approximate square footage of building (suggested)
- Contact person with phone numbers and email
- Acreage only if 1 acre or over; leave blank if under 1 acre
- Up to 2 lines of bolded titles. If you want the address shown other than when the map appears, you should include that as 1 of the title lines.
- Description of property – Text is unlimited. We suggest a minimum 3 paragraph approach. Keep in mind that our viewers are old house lovers so it’s important to highlight all the neat old house attributes such as hardwood floors, interesting woodwork, mantels, stained glass, bay windows, medallions, etc. So in your first paragraph write about the architectural features of the house plus all the basics. Also be sure to include all the updates such as newer wiring, mechanicals, kitchens, baths, etc. Secondly, if you know anything about the history, write a brief paragraph including date built, any famous people or happenings, and historic districts or registry listings. Lastly, we are not local marketing so it’s important to sell the location. We suggest that you include proximity to major cities/airports and to highlight some of the area’s cultural and scenic attractions.
Changes to Listings
You will be able to log in and make changes to your listings. After you log in and click on My Listings, click edit on the property you wish to make changes. Some changes may require approval from us before being made live.
Basic Listing of your property includes 5 photographs, unlimited text, and a 3- month duration. The cost is $50.
Basic Plus listing includes a total of 15 photos, unlimited text and a 3-month duration listing. The cost is $75.
Featured Listing will be one of 5 properties cycled on the home page for one week and includes your 3 month Basic Plus listing. You can reserve your date by selecting from available dates. The cost is $150.
To get started, please either Login or Sign Up